Thursday, December 31, 2020

Vignette #003: Thank Yous

 

Vignette #003: Thank Yous

I am a villain when it comes to acknowledging that others have helped me get to where I am now in my life. I don’t like to say ‘thank you’. 

This is probably because I hate to admit that I’ve taken the help of others. I like to think I am self-sufficient. I’d rather, not take help and suffer than ask for help and live. Yep, that’s me. Proud and distant.

As the last post to mark the end of the year, I want to thank all the people who helped me through life in 2020. I am grateful, though I might not tell you that to your face.

I want to begin with a ‘Thank You’ to my sister. I could have never made it out of that hell-hole without your patience. I want to thank you for helping me to apply for jobs and start my blog. You got your PhD this year, so that’s quite an achievement, which isn’t new for you. But I thank God He put you as my sister instead of anyone else.

The second and third person I want to thank is my mom and grandmother. God used both of them to communicate with me, so I know that God speaks to them. However, when I found that out, I wondered whose voice I was listening to all these years. And that thought makes me cry.

Then I’d like to say thank you to Mrs Joyce Devadas, Mrs Christine Gnanaseelan and her husband, Mrs Salome Singh and her two daughters. The reason I am grateful to them, though, I won’t share. That’s for another day. Also, a big thank you to my readers.  

Apart from these persons, I want to thank everyone at my workplace. I never thought working would be so much fun and exciting until I stepped into Das Writing Services. Every month the office has something exciting planned, so I look forward to working all the time. I have my lazy days, but they are just a few and far between thanks to the amazing ambience at work.

And finally, I am grateful to God. 

Why? 

Some people love the life they live on Earth. They love their family, friends, work, and generally, life. But there was a time when I didn’t want to live. Now that I’ve understood that life can be fun, I sometimes wonder why I went through a phase where I did not want to live. Well, I want to thank God for not taking that phase of my life seriously and giving me a second chance.

Thank You and Happy New Year!

 

1 comment:

  1. Whether we like to admit it or not, we cannot go very far without taking and giving help. A good way to give thanks is to pass on the favour to someone else. Of course expressing thanks does not make one feel small but humble. Thank you for an appropriate reminder at the right time about an apt way to end the year.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message!