Saturday, August 29, 2020

Poem #002: Blue Ticks

 

Blue Ticks


I wish you were like everyone else with a cell phone,

I wish you checked your messages at night.

Then blue ticks would appear beside your name,

To show that my messages had caught your sight

 

I wish you were like everyone else with a house,

A door bell and knocker was all it took,

To enter, come, and talk to you,

About everything, and see if you understood.

 

I wish you were like everyone else with a friend,

I wish you held hands, laughed, and talked,

Or simply ran amok in the fields,

Or lustily cooed back when the cuckoo bird called

 

I wish you were like everyone else with a plan,

I wish you would let me in on it,

So I’d know what was expected of me,

Then all the pieces of the puzzle could fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!